Brief History of TCC

INTRODUCTION

In the month of December 2004, a survey was conducted by the Finance Department among the Tibetan business community in exile, where more than 81% of the total respondents agreed that an association of Tibetan Businesses is needed for the betterment of the Tibetan Business community.

A conference was organized by the Finance Department, CTA on the 18th and 19th  June, 2005 which was attended by Kalon Tripa Samdhong Rinpoche, then Finance Minister Lobsang Nyandak Zayul and Special Envoy Ven. Lodi Gyari to formally introduce the concept of Tibetan Chamber of Commerce to the Tibetan businessmen attending the conference. Majority of the businessmen representing diverse groups of businesses, including Carpet manufacturers, Exporters, Hoteliers and Tours and Travel agents in India, Nepal and Russia who had come to attend the two day conference gave their acceptance to the concept and thus Tibetan Chamber of Commerce was formed on June 19, 2005 with 39 members.

REGISTRATION

Patronized by His Holiness the Dalai Lama,  on Oct 7, 2005 the Tibetan Chamber of Commerce was registered as Welfare Society Tibetan Chamber of Commerce under the Societies Act of 1860 at the Registrar of Societies, Delhi.
The chamber was formed mainly to undertake activities and steps to enhance and benefit the business interest of the chamber’s members and the Tibetan business community and Tibetan community in general. Also, the chamber aims to support the new and aspiring Tibetan entrepreneurs in future

VISION

To play an important role where business persons will share same platform and discuss on business without discriminating on the basis of size of their business and at the same time play a vital role for this community both in exile and inside Tibet.